Dated: May 18th, 2017
ContactEngine, Inc. (“we”, “us”, “our”, “ours”, “ContactEngine Incorporated”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through compliance with this policy. This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our Website and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. If you do not agree with this Policy, you are not authorized to use the website and your sole recourse is not to use the Website.
Note that this Policy applies only to activities on or through our public Website http://www.contactengine.com (the “Website”), and does not apply to the use of our software as a service conversation engine (“ContactEngine”), nor to activities offline. If you have been authorized by a client or partner of ours to use ContactEngine, please refer to our End User Access Agreement to determine the basis of your access to ContactEngine. The most up-to-date version of our End User Access Agreement can be found at http://www.contactengine.com/us/euaa.
Information we may collect about you
Our Website operates primarily to market our software as a service conversation engine ContactEngine to other businesses. To the extent we collect information on this Website, our main purpose is to better serve our business clients and their employees and to improve the function of the Website. We collect personal information about you as a result of your use of the Website when you provide it to us voluntarily, including the following:
- information that you provide to us at the time of registration or at any subsequent point and includes, by way of example, your company’s name, your name, and email address;
- if you contact us using a telephone listed on the Website, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- if you send us an email message, we will use your email address and the contents of your message to enable us to respond to your electronic communication or inquiry;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them; and
- when you submit a resume via email or through our Website under the title “Careers,” we will treat your resume with the same degree of confidentiality as if you had submitted it to us via regular mail.
We will hold the above information for as long as is necessary in order to provide you with relevant information, deal with any specific issues that you may raise, or otherwise as is required by law or any relevant regulatory body.
The Website servers automatically recognize visitors’ IP addresses (the number assigned to computers on the Internet), domain names, the activity of the visitor’s browser when the visitor is viewing the Website; the site path of visitors; the time visitors come to the Website; and length of visit. No personal information about you is revealed in the process. The Website may also gather anonymous traffic data that does not personally identify you, but that may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer. We reserve the right to publish such anonymous, aggregate summary information regarding visitors for promotional purposes.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- a) Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website or enable access to the control panel. b) Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website and when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. For example, the cookies relating to Google Analytics is a performance / analytical cookie.
- c) Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- d) Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website and the advertising information displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website. Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire one hour from the last interaction.
For more information on managing cookies, please go to www.allaboutcookies.org, or visit www.aboutads.info (if you are resident in the U.S.), which has further information about online privacy.
Children Under the Age of 13
PLEASE NOTE: The Website is a general audience site for business employees, and we do not direct any of our content specifically at children under 13 years of age. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to through our Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information through the Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Where we store your personal information
The data we collect from you via the Website may be transferred, stored or processed outside of the location where you are located. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
Your passwords are stored on our servers in encrypted form. We do not disclose your account details, postal or email addresses to anyone except when legally required to do so.
It is your responsibility to keep your password secure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted on the Website, and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent any unauthorized access.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure you receive information relevant to you;
- to ensure the content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or mobile device; and
- to enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the Website.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to a member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company, and its subsidiaries. We may also disclose website usage information to third parties, as referenced above (“Cookies (d)”).
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties if:
- you request we do so;
- we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party;
- we cease operations, when your data may be transferred to and used by another company which offers similar or related products or services to ContactEngine
- if we believe it appropriate in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, and violations of the Website terms; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ContactEngine, Inc., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection. We shall have no duty to notify you of such compliance with the law.
If you wish to update your registration information or opt out of all communications with us, except for administrative messages, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this policy