AI and argument technology expert Professor Chris Reed from the University of Dundee interviews Elena Musi, Lecturer in Artificial Intelligence and Communication at the University of Liverpool, on the subject of AI.
Elena is the academic lead for big data and digital inclusion at the Centre for Digital Humanities & Social Sciences and for Digital Research Methods at engage@liverpool. Elena joined the University of Liverpool in 2019 after a postdoc at the Data Science Institute (Columbia University) and after having been the language engineer for Amazon Alexa in Italian (Applied Modelling and Data Science team, Cambridge Mass.)
In part 2 of the interview, Elena discusses:
- How to face the challenge of Explainable AI
- Building a social epistemology for AI
- The dilemma of gender imbalance and bias in Machine Learning and AI
- Gender discrimination within the field of AI
- What she would like to see change in the AI industry and in academia