Dated: 1 November 2015
Protecting your data is very important to ContactEngine Limited(“ContactEngine”, “us” or “we”).
This policy, together with our EUAA and any other agreement between you and us, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect about you, or that you provide to us about others, will be processed by ContactEngine.
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide us with (by filling in forms on ContactEngine’s intelligent communications platform (the “Platform”), our website or otherwise). This includes information you provide at the time of registration or at any subsequent point and includes, by way of example, your name, email address, password, etc.;
- information that you provide to a partner of ContactEngine and that such partner shares with us;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information);
- details of your visits to our website; and
- details of your use of the Platform.
We will hold the above information for as long as is necessary in order to provide you with our services, deal with any specific issues that you may raise or otherwise as is required by law or any relevant regulatory body.
Information we may collect about others
We may collect and process the following data about others that you provide us with, including (but not limited to):
- customer data and information (including personal data). By way of example, this may include a customer’s name, address, phone number, etc.;
- information about third parties (including engineers) that you provide to us via the Platform; and
- information that you provide to us via email (or other electronic communications) or by filling in forms on the website.
You represent and warrant to us that you have obtained the express consent from the individuals whose data you provide us with.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This forms statistical information about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal information
The data we collect from you is stored in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) but may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside of EEA. It may also be processed by staff operating outside of the EEA. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
Your passwords are stored on ContactEngine’s servers in encrypted form. We do not disclose your account details, postal or email addresses to anyone except when legally required to do so.
Sensitive information between your browser and the Platform is transferred in encrypted form using Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”). When transmitting sensitive information, you should always make sure that your browser can validate the ContactEnginecertificate.
It is your responsibility to keep your password secure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although ContactEnginewill do its best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Platform, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent any unauthorised access.
How we use your information
We use information held about you (and information about others) in the following ways:
- to provide you with our services;
- to ensure you receive information relevant to you;
- to improve our processes and service delivery;
- to ensure the content on the Platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or mobile device; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to a partner of ContactEngine and/or a member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- to provide you with our services;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets;
- if you request we do so;
- if ContactEngine or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ContactEngine, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data by contacting us at email@example.com.
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you by submitting a request in accordance with the act and is subject to a £10 administrative fee. All such requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this policy